A federal court judge has ruled that Los Rios Community College officials violated students’ constitutional rights to due process in voiding a student election last year.
In April 2009, students at the college’s four campuses were voting for a student to represent them on the Los Rios board of trustees when some students complained that voting hours were longer at American River College than at the other campuses, creating an unfair advantage for candidates from that campus.
College officials voided the election and instead asked the student government president from each campus to choose a student trustee from the five candidates who were running for the one-year term.
A student group unhappy with the outcome sued Los Rios, saying that voiding the student’s direct votes was a violation of their rights.
U.S. District Judge Lawrence K. Karlton agreed, issuing a 21-page ruling on Thursday that said college trustees violated due process rights guaranteed to the students by the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
- Quetta Gladiators Squad PSL 2017 Final Team Players List
- Karachi Kings final squad for PSL 2017 All Selected Players List
- Islamabad United Final Squad for PSL 2017 Captain Couch Selected Players List
- Lahore Qalandars final squad for PSL 2017 Team All Players List
- Peshawar Zalmi final squad for PSL 2017 Selected Players List