A federal court judge has ruled that Los Rios Community College officials violated students’ constitutional rights to due process in voiding a student election last year.
In April 2009, students at the college’s four campuses were voting for a student to represent them on the Los Rios board of trustees when some students complained that voting hours were longer at American River College than at the other campuses, creating an unfair advantage for candidates from that campus.
College officials voided the election and instead asked the student government president from each campus to choose a student trustee from the five candidates who were running for the one-year term.
A student group unhappy with the outcome sued Los Rios, saying that voiding the student’s direct votes was a violation of their rights.
U.S. District Judge Lawrence K. Karlton agreed, issuing a 21-page ruling on Thursday that said college trustees violated due process rights guaranteed to the students by the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
- Pakistan Test Squad for West Indies Series 2017 Team Players List
- 1st ODI Pakistan vs West Indies Today Live Score Highlights 7th April 2017
- FATA Super League FSL Schedule 2017 Timetable Venue Teams Squads Start Timings
- Afghanistan Tour to West Indies Series 2017 Schedule Timetable Venues
- Pakistan vs West Indies 2nd T20 Live Score Prediction Team Lineups 30 Mar 2017