Muhammad Asif Reach in Final World Snooker Championship 2012.Pakistani premier cueist Muhammad Asif has qualified for the final of World Snooker Championship being played in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Pakistan’s Mohammad Asif on Saturday took another step towards the world snooker crown when he bulldozed Malta’s Alex Borg 7-1 to storm into final of the IBSF World Snooker Championship in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Asif defeated lex Borg of Malta by 7-1 to reach the final to become first Pakistani to play world cup final since 2003.
In 2003, Pakistan’s Saleh Muhammad had played final of World Snooker Championship in China.
Another Pakistani player Muhammad Yousuf had clinched world title in 1994.
Asif expressed the hope that he would win the title and asked nation to pray for his victory.
The 30-year-old Asif, who lost in the last 32 round in the World Championship in Hyderabad, India, last year produced a spectacular potting and safety play against Borg.
In a best of thirteen frames one-sided semi-final, the Pakistani player outclassed his opponent.
Asif is the third Pakistani to reach final of the world event. Before him, Mohammad Yousuf had won it in 1994 while, in 2003, Saleh Mohammad was defeated by Pankaj Advani of India.
More Sports Updates
- » Mohammad Asif Won World Snooker Championship 2012
- » Muhammad Asif won Final of World Snooker Championship in Sofia Bulgaria
- » World Snooker Championship 2012 Final live Score Results - 2 Dec
- » Dubai International Snooker Championship 2012 Final Match Live Score Highlights
- » International Snooker Championship 2012 Schedule Teams Players Results