India on December 12, 2013 won the championship of the World Cup Kabaddi women for the third consecutive time , defeating New Zealand 49-21 in the summit clash Jalandhar , Punjab.
The Indian women’s team took their New Zealand counterparts for most of the match and held a strong challenge by the visitors in the second half en route to a resounding victory .
The Indian team took home a first place prize of 1 crore rupees. Anu Rani won the best plug Bateri while Ram was declared best raider . Both received a car Maruti Alto each.
India won Women’s Kabaddi World Cup 2013
In previous matches , India defeated Pakistan beat New Zealand and Denmark, respectively, in the semifinals. In the third place , Denmark took third place by 34-33 points while Pakistan ranks fourth .
India clinched the women’s Kabaddi World Cup championship for the third time in a row, defeating debutant New Zealand 49-21 in the summit clash played at Guru Gobind Singh sports complex on Thursday.
The Indian eves led their New Zealand counterparts for most part of the match and held out a strong challenge by the visitors in the second half, on course to a resounding win.
The Indian team took home a first-place prize of Rs one crore.
Anu Rani was adjudged the best stopper while Ram Bateri was declared the best raider. Both received a Maruti Alto car each.
About Women’s Kabaddi World Cup 2013
• The fourth Pearls Kabaddi World Cup – 2013 was held from November 30 to December 12, 2013 in the state of Punjab , India.
• Teams of women who were participating in the tournament are India and the United States, England , Denmark , Iran, Mexico , Kenya and Pakistan.
• The World Cup Kabaddi 2013 Punjab government organized state .
• women team India has won 2,011 , 2,012 , and 2,013 editions of the World by World .
• This tournament is the annual event , with the popularization of rural sport internationally , aims to promote person to person contact .
• For the first team of a women’s team participated in the tournament.