KARACHI: The sixth edition of the most popular domestic cricket tournament, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Twenty20 Cup, is starting at the National Stadium here from Sunday (tomorrow). A total of 13 regional teams from all leading cities in Pakistan, divided into four groups, are taking part in the tournament. A total of 18 matches will be played at the National Stadium and the entire tournament will be shown live on TV. All leading national players will be representing their respective regional teams.
A spokesman for the RBS said Friday there was no change in the prize-money that was given at the previous tournament staged in Lahore last May. It means winners will receive Rs 2.5 million and runners-up will get Rs one million. Salman Sarwar Butt, head of RBS Retail Banking, said his bank would continue to support Pakistan’s domestic cricket with the same commitment as they had been doing for the past several seasons.
“The RBS, which is a flourishing bank with 79 branches in Pakistan, has spent something in the region of Rs 40 million in supporting domestic cricket in the country. We are proud to be involved with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in this regard,” Salman said. “Hopefully, our association with the PCB will continue in the future as well because cricket is a commercially viable sport, particularly the T20 format. As always RBS Twenty20 is indeed a big event with a lot of public interest. We hope the forthcoming tournament will be watched by sizeable crowd during the eight days of competition in a peaceful environment.” Salman said the event would motivate the teams to display their full cricketing skills before Pakistan finalise their squad for the Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies. Pakistan’s all-rounder Shoaib Malik will lead the defending champions Sialkot Stallions in the event that concludes on March 7.
1. Karachi Dolphins: Mohammad Sami (capt), Shahid Afridi, Shaharyar Ghani, Khalid Latif, Shahzaib Hasan, Fawad Alam, Afsar Nawaz, Sohail Khan, Sarfraz Ahmed, Tanvir Ahmed, Ramiz Aziz, Azam Hussain, Fahadullah, Infanuddin, Tariq Haroon, Adnan Baig, Tahir Khan, Fahad Iqbal, Agha Sabir, Rumman Raees
2. Karachi Zebras: Danish Kaneria (capt), Asad Shafiq, Khurram Manzoor, Faisal Iqbal, Akbar Rehman, Hassan Raza, Nomanullah, Babar Rehman, Tabish Khan, Anwar Ali, Farhan Iqbal, Mohammad Waqas, Ali Asad, Haris Ayaz, Adnan Malik, Daniyal Ahsan, Javed Mansoor, Misbah Khan, Shan Masood
3. Quetta Region: Shoaib Khan, Mujeed Khan, Taimour Ali (capt), Manzoor Badini, Sabir Khosa, Bismillah Khan, Arun Lal, Nasrullah Khan, Jalat Khan, Nazar Hussain, Arshad Khan, Taimour Khan, Khalil Ahmed, Naushad Irshad, Taimour Mengal, Munir Ahmed, Talib Hussain, Abdul Jabbar, Mohammad Asif, Abdul Rehman
4. Islamabad Leopards: Rao Iftikhar, Shoaib Akhtar (capt), Raheel Majeed, Umair Khan, Naeem Anjum, Sarmad Bhatti, Azhar Mahmood, Zohaib Ahmed, Fayyaz Ahmed, Rana Shahzad Azam, Kamran Hussain, Fakhar Hussain, Mohammad Yousuf, Umair Mir, Faizan Riaz, Ameer Khan, Junaid Nadir, Ali Sarfraz, Irfan Talib
5. Rawalpindi Rams: Babar Naeem, Naveed Malik, Hammad Azam, Usman Saeed, Naveed Qureshi (capt), Zahid Mansoor, Adnan Mufti, Umer Amin, Jamal Anwar, Yasim Murtaza, Asif Mumtaz, Muhammad Ramiz, Sohail Tanvir, Muhammad Amir, Yasir Arafat, Sadaf Hussain, Fawad Hussain, Rizwan Akbar, Muhammad Ayaz, Muzamal Nizam
6. Multan Tigers: Abdul Rauf (capt), Waqas Sharif, Saeed Anwar jnr, Rameez Alam, Muhammad Irfan, Zulfiqar Babar, Kashif Naveed, Gulraiz Sadaf, Ansar Javaid, Ahmed Raza, Shahid Abbasi, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Ali, Ali Niazi, Shahid Akram, Junaid Iqbal, Rizwan Haider, Taimoor Dogar, Shahid Iqbal, Ali Moazzam
7. Abbottabad Rhinos: Younus Khan (capt), Yasir Hameed, Riffatullah Mommand, Adnan Raees, Wajid Ali, Ghulam Muhammad, Fawad Khan, Riaz Kail, Junaid Khan, Khalid Usman, Mir Azam Khan, Zeeshan Khan Jadoon, Umair Khan, Farooq Ahmed, Yasir Shah, Muhammad Naeem, Asif Afridi, Mohammad Sami, Sajjad Ali
8. Hyderabad Hawks: Shahid Qambrani (capt), Mir Ali Talpur, Zeeshan Gul, Ghulam Shabbir Solangi, Muhammad Awais, Lal Kumar, Adnan Brohi, Sharjeel Khan, Rizwan Ahmad, Ghulam Yasin, Zahid Mahmood, Kashif Bhatti, Azeem Ghumman, Muhammad Urs, Ayaz Brohi, Mashooq Bhutto, Aqeel Anjum, Rehan Nizamuddin, Ayaz Jamal, Nasarullah Memon
9. Lahore Lions: Salman Butt (capt), Kamran Akmal, Nasir Jamshed, Umar Akmal, Adnan Raza, Sohail Ahmad, Kashif Siddique, Waqas Ahmad, Wahab Riaz, Imran Ali, Aizaz Bin Ilyas Cheema, Usman Malik, Salman Qadir, Aamir Hayat, Azhar Ali, Tanzeel Altaf, Hamza Mubeen, Fahad Masood, Hamza Paracha, Shoaib Akram
10. Lahore Eagles: Imran Farhat, Taufiq Umar, Aamir Sajjad, Khaqan Arsalan, Jahangir Mirza, Kamran Sajjid, Humayun Farhat (capt), Abil Ali, Muhammad Irshad, Muhammad Khalil, Muhammad Naveed, Hafiz Saad Nasim, Ali Azmat, Imad Ali, Arslan Mir, Shahnawaz Malik, Wasim Khan, Muhammad Zuhaib, Asif Raza, Jamshaid Ahmad
11. Peshawar Panthers: Riaz Afridi (capt), Umar Gul, Jan Nissar, Zohaib Khan, Aftab Khan, Shakeel ur Rehman, Zulfaqar Jan, Fawad Ali, Adil Amin, Sajjad Ahmed Jan, Hammad ul Hasan, Israrullah, Azam Jan, Idrees Khan, Imran Khan, M. Asif Khan, Azam Khan, Kashif Hayat, Jamal ud Din, Mehfooz Sabri
12. Faisalabad Wolves: Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Shahid Nazir, Muhammad Hafeez, Naveed Latif, Zeeshan Asif, Usman Arshad, Khurram Shahzad, Ijaz Ahmad jnr, Ali Waqas, Muhammad Salman, Muhammad Asif Hussain, Muhammad Asif, Ali Raza, Muhammad Talha, Samiullah khan Niazi, Asad Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Imran Khalid, Ahmad Hayat, Muhammad Shahid
13. Sialkot Stallions: Shoaib Malik (capt), Imran Nazir, Muhammad Asif, Rana Naved, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Kamran Younis, Shakeel Ansar, Abdul Rehman, Shahid Yousaf, Mansoor Amjad, Qaisar Abbas, Adeel Malik, Hafiz Majid, Abdul Razzaq, Muhammad Saeed, Faisal Naveed, M. Ayub Doggar, Naeemuddin, Shehzad Malik, Sheikh Haris Sohail.