Australian fast bowler Ryan Harris was Friday named to the 12-man squad to take on India in the second Test in Sydney, the only addition to the side which won the series opener in Melbourne.
Harris, who has been out with a hip injury, comes into the squad but fellow paceman Mitchell Starc and all-rounder Daniel Christian have been omitted and all-rounder Shane Watson remains sidelined by a calf injury.
National selector John Inverarity said Australia would go into the Sydney game “with confidence and momentum” after their emphatic 122-run victory over the tourists in four days at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
“Ryan Harris has been added to the XI that played in the first Test in Melbourne,” Inverarity said.
“Ryan has had carefully monitored preparation, which has gone to plan.
“Mitchell Starc and Daniel Christian, who were both in squad for the first Test have been omitted but remain very much in our thinking.”
Australian officials hope that Watson will be available to play in at least one Test during India’s tour, which follows Australia’s humiliating loss to eighth-ranked New Zealand earlier this month.
More Sports Updates
- » India vs Sri Lanka 8th ODI Live Score Online CB Tri Series 2012 at Brisbane
- » India vs Australia 7th ODI Live Score Online CB Tri Series 2012 at Brisbane
- » India vs Australia 1st T20 Live Score Online 2012 at Sydney
- » India vs Australia 3rd Test Cricket Score Online Highlights 13 Jan 2012
- » India vs Australia Series 2011-2012 Schedule Fixtures Matches Dates